Carrick Wealth has done it again! This leading South African financial advisory and wealth management firm has again held its own against strong competition in the financial services industry in the annual Intellidex Top Private Banks & Wealth Managers survey.
When the winners of the different categories in the annual survey were announced yesterday, Carrick was ranked fourth overall among its peers as Top Wealth Manager: Boutiques and was ranked first in the Archetype Category: Wealthy Executive. What makes these rankings so special is the fact that they are based largely on the feedback Intellidex receives from the clients of participating firms.
Archetype: Wealthy Executive
Top Wealth Manager: Boutiques
Reference: Intellidex Research Report, July 2020.
“We are absolutely delighted that Carrick has done so well in this survey and that our clients have demonstrated such high levels of trust in us and satisfaction with our service levels,” says Craig Featherby, CEO and Founder of Carrick.
“For us it is confirmation that our holistic, client-centric approach to integrated wealth management is the correct one. It is the best reward one can ask for when your clients hold you in such high esteem. Our heartfelt thanks to them!”
“Our rankings in the Intellidex survey follow similar rankings in previous years and add to the string of international best practice awards Carrick has won since its inception 6 years ago. But as always, we won’t be resting there, but will continue striving to improve our service and product offering even more and expanding our range of services. In this regard, to mention but one new addition, Carrick launched its international property division earlier this year,” says Featherby.
The Intellidex Top Private Banks and Wealth Managers survey has established itself as South Africa’s leading assessment of the industry including levels of satisfaction with its services and ethical standards. The results are derived from a questionnaire completed by participating firms as well as feedback via an online survey completed by their clients. Based upon these results, the winners are selected by a panel of Intellidex experts which this year included Dr Graunt Kruger (head of strategy research), Orin Tambo (lead analyst), Colin Anthony (general manager), and Heidi Dietzsch (market research manager).
According to Intellidex, this year’s survey marked the ninth anniversary of this rigorous review of private banking and wealth management services in South Africa. This year 5,612 clients participated in the client survey.
“We consider the sample size to be a meaningful reflection of the views of the universe of clients of South African private banks and wealth managers,” said Intellidex when announcing the winners.
Some of the key findings in this year’s survey include –
- Clients appreciate investment plans that are clear and easy to understand and their rankings reflect that they believe wealth managers fulfil this need.
- Wealth managers received high ratings on transparency, fees and compensation.
- Consistent with previous years, the majority of clients believe their wealth managers’ service does not need to improve, thus reflecting high levels of satisfaction.
- Wealth management clients demonstrated loyalty to their service providers with almost 40% having been with their wealth managers for more than 10 years.
- Despite the markets’ volatility in 2020, the percentage of clients who say they are “very satisfied” with the performance of their portfolios over time saw a slight increase.
- However, the percentage of clients with a net asset value of more than R10m dropped off quite sharply in 2020 while there was a strong gain in clients with a net asset value of less than R500,000.
- Clients remained highly satisfied with overall service levels.
For more information, contact:
Rashay Makan – Operations Director, Carrick Wealth
T: +27 21 201 1000
M: +27 82 781 7507
Carrick Wealth is a registered South African financial services provider specialising in South African and international financial planning and integrated wealth management solutions. Carrick is also licensed in Zimbabwe, and Malawi, and holds three global licences in Mauritius. Carrick at all times maintains its independence with regard to product providers and asset managers, providing bespoke risk assessment, financial planning and other services to high net worth individuals (HNWI). This communication is intended solely for information purposes and is not an offer, recommendation or solicitation to transact.